FACTS AND FIGURES
- Net profits in 2018 were US$ 5.7 billion
- Total assets were US$ 85 billion at the end of 2018.
- SABIC’s overall production in 2018 was 75.3 million metric tons.
- SABIC was first conceived in 1976, and began production in 1981.
- SABIC is a market leader in key products such as ethylene, ethylene glycol, methanol, MTBE, polyethylene and engineering plastics and its derivatives.
- Petrochemicals, SABIC’s largest strategic business unit, accounts for the bulk of the company’s total production.
- The Saudi Iron and Steel Company (Hadeed), based in Al-Jubail, is one of the world’s biggest fully-integrated steel producers.
For more information about particular products please see our Products pages.
SABIC has its headquarters in Riyadh and operates in more than 50 countries across the world. |It? has 64 world-class manufacturing and compounding plants in locations across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
- SABIC has innovation hubs in five key geographies: USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia, North Asia.
- Our Global Application Technology organization develops more than 150 new products every year.
- Backed by more than 11,738 global patents.
SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The protection of human health, safety and the environment is fundamental to operational excellence. For SABIC, EHSS (Environment, Health, Safety, Security) is more than just a priority. EHSS is a core value – a deeply held belief that is a fundamental force driving actions and behaviors, which is not compromised to achieve short-term term goals. We believe it is important not only to meet regulatory requirements, but also to create a culture that goes beyond compliance to one that encourages continuous improvement.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS?
To measure our performance, we use an “EHSS rate,” which captures a comprehensive range of incident types, including accidental releases to the environment, process-safety events, occupational health-and-safety injuries, and illnesses and security incidents. The EHSS rate is based upon the number of incidents per 200,000 man-hours worked and the severity of the incidents. Since 2005, our EHSS incident rate has improved by 88 percent and our total recordable injury/illness rate by 67 percent. No fatalities occurred in 2018.
For more information about our dedication to safety and the environment, please visit our Sustainability page.